Adelfia Insurance Services Blog
Sometimes it’s important to take a step back and reflect on your strategies, to see what you can do to improve. Like digging a big hole, sometimes you need to take a step out of the hole and see much progress you’ve made before you continue to dig.
1) Get More Referral Partners: Sales is all about who you know. Your network is your net-worth. Surrounding yourself with good referral partners can significantly increase the number of sales you’re making each month and also reduce the amount of cold calling/door knocking that you need to do.
2) Talk to More People: Networking events are a great way to get your name out there and build relationships. Everyone goes to networking events to talk about themselves and what they have to offer. Instead of trying to pitch your business and your services, try to bring the people you’re connecting with some value. Introduce them to someone you know who might be able to help them grow. Be genuinely interested in helping them be more successful. They will likely remember that interaction and are more likely to refer you in the future. What goes around comes around.
3) More Social Media Interactions: Social media is dominating the way we connect nowadays, and we’re not going back anytime soon. Building up a solid social media presence is essential to being successful in any sales job. There are tons of tricks that you can use to present yourself as a “friendly salesman” on Facebook, LinkedIn, and other platforms. For example, on Facebook, you can place pictures of your family and friends as the headliner photos on your profile. Who doesn’t want to work with someone who loves their family? This topic is extensive but I’d highly suggest researching what you can to do improve your social media presence.
4) Get Involved in More Local Groups: Whether you join a local soccer team or you’re part of a philanthropy group, there are always good people to meet in your community. If you can, maybe sponsor a local event with a case of wine or some other type of donation. Show initiative in your community and get your name out there.
5) More 1 on 1 Meetings with Professionals: From the connections that you made in your networking groups, schedule a 1 on 1 meeting and see how you can help them grow. These personal meetings do take up time but expedite the process of building up that relationship as a strategic partner. Like I said before BRING VALUE. Even if you can’t help them right away, show them that you’re genuinely interested. The most important thing to remember about this is having no expectations for anything in return. Give unconditionally. Having expectations just leads to disappointment and possibly resentment. Plus it never hurts to just be a good person.
6) More Communication with Current Clients: Always be closing. When you’re talking to your current clients, ask them if there is anything they might need in addition to your current service/product that you provide. Be an all-around resource for the client whether it’s in your industry or not. This is when having your Rolodex of referral partners comes in handy. Make sure you have one person to recommend from each industry related to your service/product. For example Insurance Agents with Mortgage Brokers, or maybe a CPA with an Attorney.
7) Make Videos: Videos are the best way to multiply yourself across several platforms and get a message across to many more viewers in a short period of time. Statistically, videos are the most effective way to sell anything online. This is also an opportunity for people to get to know who you are without taking the time to actually meet them face to face. Use these free social media platforms to your advantage and try to bring value anytime you possibly can. There are only 2 reasons why people consume content, either the piece of content is entertaining for them, or it has something of value.
Please like, comment, or share if you got any value out of this!